16 January 2014

Multiple deleting of emails in Android Gmail?

Do you find yourself trying to multiple delete emails in Android Gmail? I did, and spent many minutes searching Google for an answer....
"android gmail batch delete"
"deleting multiple emails android gmail"
"deleting bulk emails on gmail"
etc.

I found lots of results but it was all to do with the removal of the check/select tick box that had previously allowed you to multiple select items and click the bin icon. Gmail changed the app to show the sender's photo/icon instead and removed the check box. :-( With that change selecting items was switched to the press and hold technique. Quite clunky for selecting multiple emails.

See some posts I found:
http://lifehacker.com/select-multiple-messages-in-the-new-gmail-even-with-se-511499703
http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57561068-285/a-better-way-to-select-messages-in-gmail-for-android/

However I thought this morning how would I like to do it if I wanted and so I tried pressing many email items at the same time. I didn't get it quite right at first go but found it did work after a couple of attempts. So you can still multiple select with this press and hold technique but you just need to use more fingers and press and hold carefully. You can only press and hold the items in each screen view, then scroll and press and hold more to add to list of selected. I've not found a way to say "select all". Let me know if you do?

I posted to Facebook and here's what I said:
For you mobile Gmail users who need to delete multiple emails, you can swipe to delete each messages or press and hold to single delete via the bin icon. However if like me you want to delete multiple messages at times, I've just found that you can press and hold multiple messages at the same time. 
tqv

No comments:

Post a Comment